A Balanced Approach offers Friendship Groups for children who experience difficulties navigating the social world around them.
Our groups are not ASD specific; they are geared toward children who have strong language skills but may require extra support developing social skills. Children have the opportunity to learn important social skills in a fun, supportive environment with their peers.
Our groups take a break in the summer and resume in September. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to see what we’re offering at A Balanced Approach for the fall, winter, and spring terms.
- Use evidence-based practices of Applied Behaviour Analysis, and group facilitators are overseen by a Board Certified Behaviour Analysts
- Offer high instructor-to-participant ratios ensuring your child receives the support and attention they need
- Incorporate individualized goals for each child
- Offer a variety of fun interactive activities including: crafts, games, drama and theme days
- Each group lasts for ten weeks.
April 10 to June 12
Come learn the skills to be an amazing friend! This course will focus on the skills required to develop friendships and how to maintain those friendships over time. We will also practice staying in the present moment and building psychological flexibility.
This session at group we will be covering the following topics:
- The brain and its different parts
- How our brains respond to different situations
- The amygdala and mindful awareness
- Mindful breathing
- Mindful listening
* Deadline for registration is April 1st
Group dates and times are subject to change based on the number of registrants and your space is confirmed once payment is received.